Can you feel that cool December wind blowing around? There has been a definite drop in the temperature these days and it has made me wear a light cardigan at mid-day! I love sweater weather and I wish our country had four seasons. Now wouldn't that be wonderful? (Well, there's always Tagaytay...)
Despite the fact that we only have 2 seasons, there's no reason we shouldn't feel festive at this time of the year. We Filipinos are known for preparing lavish meals during Noche Buena and Media Noche so here is a compilation of recipes from my favorite websites/blogs that's sure to bring in the holiday cheer to your home! :)
- Cookies and cream plus hot chocolate? Yes please! This is a recipe that's easy to make and I'm pretty sure most of the ingredients are already in your cupboards. :)
- It's no secret that I absolutely love mint flavored desserts and I'm always excited when the Starbucks Christmas drinks come out. I always end up purchasing their Peppermint Mocha Frappe! (Although I've discovered that I can always add a pump of mint syrup to my staple Java Chip Frappe to make it taste like the Christmas drink!)
- Described as "festive, low in sugar, and super quick to throw together", this cocktail is sure to be a hit at parties! With all the sugar-laden goodies that we'll be munching on this season, we surely don't need the extra calories! This guilt-free drink is a good alternative.
- I love savory pies and these pastry puffs would make a wonderful appetizer for a sumptuous meal. "They are like little flakey biscuits with French Onion Soup filling inside." Deeeelicious!
- Salted caramel seems to be all the rage among foodists these days. With all the wonderful chaos that comes along with the season, who has time to bake? This no-bake cheesecake seems like a good dessert to whip up when you're in a rush.
- For some reason, carrot cakes take center stage during the holiday season (next to fruit cakes). Here's a carrot cake recipe that has 4-layers, with cream cheese frosting! Yum!
- Cherries always mean something festive and they remind me of Black Forrest cakes! Here's another easy recipe to whip up when you're in a rush. After you've eaten all those cherries, have a competition with your friends to see who can create a knot with the cherry stem using their tongue! ;)
- Feeling decadent? Why not serve some rib-eye steak on Christmas Eve? :) After all, this is the season to splurge and be merry! :)
- A twist to the classic Banana Bread! In my honest opinion, Nutella makes everything better so go ahead and give yourself a treat!
- It ain't Christmas without some delicious brownies! But why settle for plain old brownies? Kick it up a notch with some white chocolate and macadamia nuts!
There you have it! Ten delicious recipes making their way into your kitchen this holiday season! :) Which one will you be doing? Do you have any favorite recipes? Do share! :)
Happy holidays, everyone!