Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Trouble With Kids...

It's 20 days until the end of junior internship and I couldn't be more happy about it. Our last rotation, Pediatrics, is wearing me out already. Being in the wards is making me cranky, grumpy, and hungry...always. There is a never-ending pile of paperwork and charts to update, the list of patients admitted never gets shorter, and the hourly monitoring is INSANE. Call me a drama queen (or maybe I'm just exaggerating) but I'm serious. I have never felt this way about a rotation before, not even in Internal Medicine. At least we didn't have hourly monitoring in Internal Medicine. We do have monitoring in Surgery but...it's not the same.

Don't get me wrong, I would still love to become a pediatrician (-cardiologist) in the future but the work of a junior intern is just so tiring. :| The days blend together that I didn't even realize it was a Sunday when I was on duty. The consultants and residents are strict, but that is to be expected. There is so much to learn in this rotation and I sometimes wish for a little bit of free time just to be able to sit down and read my Nelsons textbook. 

Oh well. Like I said, 20 more days to go.

Now, back to work.

2 comments:

  1. buti nalang pala i hindi ako nagpedia :P my aunt is a pedia and she always made it seem like her job is really easy so i wanted to be like her lol :D anywayz sis im currently hosting a victorias secret giveaway, i hope you can join! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pedia is easy they say, it will be fun they say...NOT! Hahahaha! Will check out your giveaway soon sis! :) thanks for the heads up!

      Delete

Comments brighten up my day! :) Feel free to leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!